Nuffnang

Friday, June 22, 2012

Duty

All of us has certain duties to perform. As a daughter, as a citizen, as a student, mother, sibling, family member, or even a mere human bean sharing the universe with millions of other people.

Daddy's day just gotten by, and just so happen my dad's birthday is just a few days after the D Day (haha). So as a daughter, I felt obligated to give him something. Not like "oh hi it's fathers day, everyone is giving. So should I". But more like "hi dad, I luv you and I can never have another man in my life to love me like you do. I'd give you anything you ask for because you're my father". Not like he asked for anything, but it is precisely he never asks, I feel even more obligated.

My father
He will cycle to the mrt station to top up my bus card when I was younger. Because the fat and ungrateful me then would use my ez link card to go eat Macdonalds all the time.
He will wake up early in the morning to cook breakfast for me and ensure my tummy is filled before leaving the house. Be it when I'm working, or be it when I'm schooling. Never would he say he's tired and choose to sleep in. If he's home, I don't have to worry. There are even times when I'm such an ingrate I threw away the food he cooked :( I'm so unworthy of his effort :(
He would never failed to give me my allowances on time. Even if it was little, I believe it wasn't easy to come by. Money is not easily earned at his age, especially for someone who isn't very much educated. But of course, the allowances stopped a few years ago and it's my turn to give him! It isn't easy man.
He'll always be proud to show off what his children achieve in front of other relatives. Time and again, we disappoint him. As traditional Chinese families, our relative tends to compare every thing. Really every thing. Size of house, jobs, level of education, just believe me when I say everything. It's unbelievable how much these people wanna win each other. It's the society that's ugly - we are constantly in a chase and run. I'm glad I'm in the process of reaching the top. Very glad.
He would silently pack our rooms and iron our clothes. Wash our fans. And behave just like a house husband. Because he loves us.


My dad would do everything to love all the four of us. He is a man of few words, but that never prevented me from feeling his fatherly love. Sometimes he might be a little harsh, but it's all for our good. Without his reprimands, I seriously doubt we'd all grow up to be decent.

Even if it was his birthday/daddy's day, he worried about my school fees when I gave him an ang pow. He would want me to have enough instead of giving him something a dad deserve.

I'd do anything my dad asks me to. Because I know he always wants to best for me, and he had never once given up on anyone of us, no matter how bad we become. Daddy, I love you. <3

Have you figured out your duties to fulfil?

No comments:

Post a Comment